Monday, May 25, 2009

Del.icio.us and Technorati

Okay, I am now officially a week(or two?)behind in my 27 Library Things and as I am not partying this Memorial Day afternoon I decided to explore del.icio.us and technorati. I can see the use of both but was not inspired sufficiently to set up an account in either. As a trainer, I was much more interested in how one actually puts together a podcast (the Otter resource). On the other hand,I was put off by the us.ef.ul post by John (Nov. 2004). He appeared to be giving clear, specific directions as to how to use del.icio.us but wasn't really all that straight forward. I suspect that his instructions are a bit out of date anyway.

As I really only have three computers on which I keep bookmarks (home, work and the traveling lab trainer's laptop), I'm not really sure how useful it would be for me personally to keep them organized with delicious. My spouse is the king of the bookmarks at home and I usually find it easier just to type in the URL rather than go scrolling through 200+ sites that he found interesting...At work, my bookmarks are limited and fairly well organized.

Technorati does sound much more interesting to use-although, as someone pointed out, knowing where all the blogs on celebrity babies are located is not all that useful. I'll need to play with it more.

2 comments:

  1. no, you actually don't seem like the type to follow celebrity babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Technorati will become less useful as the mainstream search engines include blogs in their spidering. For now, though, it's a way to find material the search engines may miss.

    ReplyDelete