Monday, February 22, 2010

The demise of Training Magazine

It has been about seven months since I last blogged here or even read any blogs. Too much work at the office and too little energy at home.



However, I participated in an energizing online training today done by Kassie La Borie and Jane Bozarth and followed up with a visit to Jane's blog. In her most recent post she lamented the end of Training magazine. I could relate to her comments because I too, read Training cover to cover as I was transitioning from elementary school teacher to library staff trainer.

I no longer have to look up buzzwords like ROI but they keep inventing new ones like"webinar" BTW-Kassie and Jane both hate that term! I don't mind as I think it is easier than "Interactive synchronous online training."



I still am primarily a live classroom trainer but wish we had the budget for the tools like Articulate and WebEx. By the time I figure it all out I will be ready to retire.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad when standard tools sunset. But part of keeping current is developing new tools. There probably is some online blog or journal that picks up where Training left off - just a question of finding it. Think a quick tweet would yield a list?

    ReplyDelete